ACM Meeting Notes 09/16/2013
- Need to get SIG mailing list set up
- Josh is creating mailing list
- Each SIG leader needs to decide on a time
- Use doodle.com so members can input their availability for meetings.
- Maybe create a Mechmania mailing list
- Sam is still figuring out funds
- Might get a state vehicle
- FAST is having a difficult time finding a way to pay
- Need to fill out a W9 form?
- ORG sync is being phased out; blackboard alternative
- Transitional period Nov. 1 to Dec. 1
- Need to get everything that is important to us off the thing.
- Contract expires December 24
- Sam is working on filling out paper work
Community Service Hours for the ACM
- Spike out Suicide (volleyball; counts toward community hours)
- Friday at 20th at 4p.m. - Volleyball court by Highrises
- Registration – $5
- We really need hours; 4 hours for every 3 people (paid members)
Possible community service projects:
- School outreach
- Matti is also looking for people to teach kids at schools about computers
- 2 classrooms; bring as many as we can get
- It's next Wednesday; 25th @ 2 pm. (only for an hour)
- Power point; get a feel what they know etc.
- Science Olympiad
- Probably will get most from here.
- Cheney Middle School
- Takes place in Spring; about 8 hours per person going.
** Currently have 85 paid members; 118 hours we need **
Software Freedom Day
- Watch movies on Friday – Cesar will bring movies.
- Going to get the extended council keys today after meeting.
Next Meeting: Mechmania meeting 4 p.m. tomorrow (Tuesday, Oct.17th)